If you know me at all, you’ve probably either heard me preach my personal growth pillars, seen me do one of my many experiements or talk about the learning that I would have gathered through my books. Either way you probably know of my Health, Wealth Love philosophy.
Each pillar is customized according to your stage in life and priorities but the following is mine:
- Health: nutritious diet, quality sleep, regular exercise, self-care & hygiene
- Wealth: academics, professional development, reading, seminars, courses, internship
- Love: Spending time with Family, meeting friends, going out, catching up with old friends
I strive to develop and grow my self and life through these pillars. However, balance is key. For sustainable growth, all three pillars must be optimized and the absence of any single pillar will be destructive:
- What's Wealth when you don't have the energy to live
- What’s Love when you don’t have the health to appreciate it
- What's Wealth when you don't have friends to share it with.
You get the point.
So I work to structure my daily routine, life, and studies around these three forces. I spend a lot of time on making sure one is not weighted more than the other. To do that I color code my calendar through these three pillars and make sure that there is a balanced load covering all of these activities. After each month, I look back on my calendar, see the sequences of my activities and go throug a process of self-appraisal to improve on the upcoming month.
IMPORTANT: it is a weighted balance, not an absolute balance. ie: objectively, health requires less hours than wealth activities. Balance does not mean spending the same number of hours on health as you do on wealth, rather following an appropriate ratio.
Recommendations For You
As a part of my Personal Growth Philosophy, I seek to find areas to improve in my life and test novel ideas through my experiments